I was starving this morning and not really in the mood for chia pudding and we didn’t seem to have much else in the house that was raw, prepared, and appetizing. I had a banana and then it occurred to me that some juice would tide me over. I made a green juice and then a juice with oranges, sweet potato and pear. Yum, it was good and now I feel stuffed.
I use weekends to do most of my prep and dehydrating. I’m trying to make a meal plan for the week so that I have food ready and available so maybe I can continue to stay raw all day even at dinner. I’m not going to stress about it if I don’t but I’ve felt so good on the days this past week that I did all raw and I want more of them!
Staples that I’m trying to always have on hand:
- Almond milk (I make a quart every 4 or 5 days by soaking 1 cup of raw almonds with about 5 cups of water)
- Tons of bananas
- Green Juice (2 Apples, 1 cucumber, 1/2 bunch Kale or other greens, 1/2 a bunch of celery, 1 lemon, and 1 -2″ ginger makes about 32 oz each morning).
- Green smoothie ingredients (kale, apple, bananas, frozen mango and frozen berries).
- Chia seeds for pudding
- Buckwheat groats
- Flax seeds
- Almond butter
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- More apples
- 1-2 batches raw bread or crackers – I’m going to make the rawtarian’s soft bread for the first time today. Fingers crossed it’s good! When I’ve been making bread and crackers I keep some out for the week and then freeze some so then I have a variety in rotation.
- Cut up veggies – carrots, celery, peppers & cucumbers.
- I try to make sure I always have at least a cup each of cashews, macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts, brazil nuts, and pine nuts so that if I get inspired to make a sauce or cheese or raw cheesecake or something; I am prepared.
- Salad ingredients (lettuce, carrots, celery, beets, sprouts, grape tomatoes)
- Lemons and limes
- Olive Oil
- Honey, agave, and maple syrup
- Cocoa powder
- Basil (plant)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Rosemary (plant)
- Cilantro (plant?)
- Dried unsweetened coconut
- Brownies or some other chocolate treat
- Another dessert
- Milk for coffee
As for the recipes I want to try this week:
- I want to start making a dip every week for veggies etc. I think I’ll try the Rawtarian’s ranch dressing this week.
- Jicama to cut up into “fries” to have with the raw ketchup and veggie burger.
- Collard wrappers – marinate collard greens in some lemon juice and salt to soften them up a bit and then use them for wraps for things like burgers and hummus
- Zucchini hummus
- Fettucini alfredo with spiralized zucchini
- Ravioli using thinly sliced turnips with a cheese filling
- A raw salad dressing (in addition to the ranch dressing dip)
Prep for the week that I’ll do this weekend:
- Make bread and cheesecake and ranch dressing
- Sprout mung beans.
- Juice some lemons so that I have fresh lemon juice on hand for salad dressings etc.
- Marinate collard leaves for wrappers.
- Shred carrots and beets to throw on top of salads etc.
Ooh yum. These raw hashbrowns looks good, too. I might have to make them as well since I have some raw ketchup made up already.